Friday, November 16, 2007

Bread All Around Us: Leavened Bread

Yesterday, my students made leavened bread. We were lucky enough to be able to use a bread machine that our Family & Consumer Science department has available. The teacher for that class has been very supportive of the efforts we make to teach the students cooking skills; she has had several of my students in class, and always works to make sure they understand everything.
As with our unleavened bread, we took pictures, and so have a movie of the process. I thought it was much easier to make the bread this time, but I have no doubt that is because of the bread machine. There was so much less mess to clean up!
I am hoping that the students remember the differences between the two types of bread on Monday, because we'll play "Best Guess" as our drill, and finish our sentences for the first bread podcast. With luck, we'll get it recorded too!

No comments: