Thursday, May 29, 2008

National Youth Institute---Day 0 (Traveling to/from)

Update!
The flights home were a little more eventful than the flights out. I was pulled for extra screening in St. Louis. Okay, so that's not a big surprise, but they didn't even accept my letter from TSA this time! As it turned out, there had been an incident of some type at Lambert recently, and they stepped up their screenings. One of the agents did make a comment after I explained that the way we book travel for disaster assignments was how I wound up on the list, and how I knew I was on the list. I was wearing a very obvious Red Cross t-shirt, and he says, "Gee. I guess getting searched like this on your way to help people makes you feel appreciated!". I had to laugh, although he does have a point. The extra screening almost made us miss the flight, but we made it. We almost missed the flight in Minneapolis, too, because the gate agent told us the flight was leaving out of C7, but it was really out of C15. An electric cart driver got us where we needed to go. On the flights back we played Monopoly on my Palm pilot...
Here are all of the pictures from the flights.

Traveling to St. Louis
After a brief delay at Dulles, we finally made it to St. Louis! The delay was because of a traffic control hold at La Guardia & Newark, which caused late planes at gates in Dulles. The only comment on the plane was how SMALL it is...

The Marriott Courtyard is very nice, and the staff was really super helpful! We were especially pleased with our shuttle driver, who helped us find a restaurant when we arrived!
Tomorrow: Visiting the arch, seeing the movie about building the arch, and then on to NYI.

No comments: