Monday, September 8, 2008

License Plates

This school year, I am teaching a supervised study session. It is a 90 minute block period that is designed to provide students with special needs support and time to complete homework. Parents are not always able to help students, and in some cases, the materials that a student needs to complete a project may not be available. My school decided that this year, since the class is graded and earns an elective credit, we would have the students create portfolios. For those that have known me for awhile, you probably already know that I have my classes make portfolios or scrapbooks frequently! I am also excited because we have the technology to do the portfolios electronically.
So far, we have done a license plate and we'll start another activity during the next class. The instructions for the license plates were to find pictures using Flickr Creative Commons, and use 6 letters or numbers to describe who you are. Here are some of the license plates that we did:

No comments: