Thursday, September 6, 2007

Project-Based Learning...

I've met with my the students in my classroom once now. I'll see them again tomorrow at the end of the day. During our first class, we had our first fire drill of the school year... and that was interesting because due to our new security system, we go out one door, but must come in at another. And all of the students that are in that one area go through that door. Tomorrow, we'll have our first pep rally and senior processional of the year; I have 3 seniors in my class.
In any case, we've gone through the Internet Safety lesson, and all of my students passed the quick quiz I gave them on the first try! I was so proud of them, because it was a lot of material to take in, and quickly because we were running out of time because of the fire drill. There was a very humorous discussion regarding the author of The Cat In The Hat. As most people know, the book was written by Dr. Seuss. As it turns out, our head principal also has a doctorate degree, and several students shouted out her name when I asked for the author of Cat.
We also went over the rules for handling the digital cameras, and the battery chargers are plugged in. I'm waiting on the surge protector and the power cord for the scanner to set up my old laptop as a workstation for them. All forms went home for signature, too... WE should be able to to hit the ground running tomorrow after we go over our rubrics. With luck, we'll be posting our first projects next Tuesday!

No comments: