Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Assignment Sheets

These were nearly an act of desperation... the middle school I was at gave each student a planner. The planner was required in classes, but none of my students could write small enough, spell well enough, or scribe quickly enough to make use of them. I created one that was larger (and later, one that required the student only circle the type of assignment; I surveyed the other teachers to find out what common homework assignments were). But, the students wouldn't use them. Turns out that they were afraid of being laughed at because their assignment sheets were different. Fortunately, there was another teacher in the department who had an idea: she suggested that we "unbind" the original planners, and hole punch the new sheets, and then rebind them using the original covers. Success!! My students stopped throwing away the sheets, and at least a little more homework was being done.

You can find samples of the Assignment Sheets on my ITCFusion Wiki.

No comments: