Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Its About Time

I have been telling myself that I should create a more personal blog for several months now. My students blogged for a bit last year, and I contributed a few entries to their efforts. And, toward the end of the year, I explored LiveJournal as part of a graduate class. In June, I signed up to blog with my students on David Warlick's site and added 3 blogs to the RSS feed on my Google homepage. Yet, I still put off creating my own blog.
Then, it happened. In the space of a few days, I had requests for various materials I had created or discussed on two different listservs. I've always just sent the materials to other people via email. That isn't a bad choice, but what if other people on the list also want the materials? Then I send email to more and more people. I reasoned with myself, and decided that if I (finally) created that blog I was thinking about, I could share things more easily.
But, really, that wasn't a good enough reason to create a whole blog. The final deciding point came when I talked to another teacher friend and asked her to look over a proposal for something I want to do with my students. She is willing to do it, but she isn't a special education teacher, and she doesn't use technology in her classroom the way I do. At which point the proverbial light bulb came on, and said, "Put it on the blog! Put it ALL on the blog!"....

No comments: